Re: [Gforge-admins] Pending Projects - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [Gforge-admins] Pending Projects
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc,

> How does it work now?  Is it a pseudo-automated email process?

No, the projects have to be manually approved.   Thing is, unless we know the
submitter, it's difficult to judge plausible-sounding-but-abandonware from
real projects.    In a lot of cases, a simple e-mail can resolve this; it
shows (1) that the submitter is still paying attention, and (2) we can ask if
they have code or are writing code or just have a "nifty idea".

GBorg currently has over 100 dead projects.   We want to avoid this as much as
possible with pgFoundry.  In fact, I might suggest a policy that any project
over 6 months old with no mailing list traffic, forum traffic, or code, be
terminated.

In the realm of new projects, I've approved the following because they come
from community members we know:
pgTranslate
z/OS Port
Solaris packages

Additionally, I've heard back from the proposer of this project, and approved
it:
Sistema de Gestión Sanatorial

I've also been approving news willy-nilly.   Let me know if there's a reason
to have a more restrictive news policy.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________