Re: Recursive queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Recursive queries
Date
Re: Recursive queries  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
Re: Recursive queries  (tmp <skrald@amossen.dk>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 05:27:46PM +0100, tmp wrote:
> Are there any plans on implementing support for recursive queries in
> postgresql in the near future? If so: When?
>
> I can see there has been some discussion on the subject in the
> developer-group for quite some time ago, but aparently all thoughts of
> recursive queries has been stalled. :-(

What do you mean by resursive queries? A query can have a subquery
which calls a function which executes another query. That counts as
recursion in my book. What type of recursion are you thinking of?

Have a nice day,

Attachment