Re: ARC patent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ARC patent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
John Hansen wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Asking this again as it seems my question got lost, or at least
> unanswered.
>
> Why not just contact IBM, and get their opinion?
>
> As I said before, we might just get a promise of a full licence for
> if/when the patent is granted.

I doubt we can get a license that would cover companies that package
PostgreSQL.  While I don't think they would attack them I also don't
think they can give a blanket approval in writing.

-- Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610)
Pennsylvania19073