Re: [DOCS] [BUGS] BUG #1414: DOC - pl/Perl hash tags missing - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [DOCS] [BUGS] BUG #1414: DOC - pl/Perl hash tags missing
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 04:23:16PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> > Going out on a line a bit here - and someone who've worked with teh
> > system probably knows for sure but... It looks like {} is used as the
> > template placeholder in the templating system on the website.
>
> > It would seem to me that the fix would be as simple as to set
> > $removeUnknownVariables to false when parsing the docs template, but I'm
> > far from sure at that. And I have no way to test it. And it might break
> > something else. End of disclaimers.
>
> If the docs template is applying any substitution whatsoever to the
> documentation HTML files, it's broken.  I don't think the above fix
> is appropriate --- what if the docs contain {foo} where foo does match
> some variable known to the substituter?

Probably the solution is to use some sort of template escaping, like
{literal} in PHP's smarty.  Not sure what the site is using.

Al principio era UNIX, y UNIX habló y dijo: "Hello world\n".
No dijo "Hello New Jersey\n", ni "Hello USA\n".