Re: Retrieving a field from the NEW record - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Retrieving a field from the NEW record
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:26:11AM -0500, Eric E wrote:

> I belive I came across a message that indicated that you could do
> such a thing in TCL.  Do you know if this is true?  Can TCL in 7.4.2
> get a field from a rowtype varaible like this?

See the PL/Tcl trigger documentation -- it has an example of accessing
columns whose names are in variables.

> What you outline with Perl is exactly the approach I would take, and
> that's what led to crashing the server process.  Perhaps PL/PERL is not
> totally stable on Windows yet?  If that's the case I will indeed submit
> a bug report with a test case.

Please do, but try 8.0.0 first.  I don't know how stable PL/Perl
is on Windows, but there have been bug fixes in PL/Perl since the
8.0.0beta2 version you said you were running.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/