Re: Building Press Pages for Web site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Building Press Pages for Web site
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> Are they in the correct format for the site, or currently raw text or
> HTML?

They're HTML, set up for the new site.    However, I really haven't dealt with
encoding issues, and some may have HTML typos we'll find when we put them up.

All but 2 are finished.   I'm waiting on translators to update the dates on
the Turkish and Greek translations (my poor text editor can't handle those
languages!).   However, even those files won't be changing more than one
line, so you could set them up now and update them later.

> I'll put them up (assuming they don't need masses of reformatting), but
> I'll want to do it asap rather than Tuesday (I can fix any minor errors
> found between then and Tues, and leave them hidden until then). I have a
> few other things to do as well so want to get a bit of flexibility!

If you can put them on the site, but not link them from anywhere now, it would
be lovely.   Also, please update the Contacts List
in /about/press/contacts.html (file below)

If possible, I'd prefer it if we didn't go live on the changes to the home
page and linking the press releases until after 5pm PST, which should be easy
for you ...just set it up in the morning your time, or the afternoon, Omar
and Emily's time.   Here's the things I see needing to get done on the web
site the "day of" the release:

1) Modify the home page to display the 8.0 released callout.
2) Link the press releases to /about/press
3) Link in the Press FAQ  (should be in CVS already)

The Contacts list is available at:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/31/contact.html

The amalgamated press lists are available at:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/30/all_press_pages.tgz
.... please note that this latter page requires you to be logged in to
pgFoundry, and is only available for members of the Press project (I've added
dpage).

Thanks for your help, and hopefully this will be *considerably* less panicked
than last year!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus