New News Entry (id: 273) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From nobody
Subject New News Entry (id: 273)
Date
List pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Edit:     http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/news-edit.php?id=273
Approve:  http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/news.php?action=approve&id=273
Delete:   http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/news.php?action=delete&id=273
----
Submitted by: press@PostgreSQL.org
Headline: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5
Due to several small, and one fairly large, bugs that were found in Release Candidate 4, we have been forced to release
our5th Release (and hopefully
last) Candidate so that we can get some proper testing in on the changes before release.

Story:

A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:
        <a
href="http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html">http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html
</a>

We're always looking to improve that list, so we encourage anyone that is running a platform not listed to please
reporton any success or failures with Release Candidate 4.

Baring *any* coding changes (documentation != code) over the next week or so, we *hope* that this will the final
ReleaseCandidate before Full Release,
with that being aimed for the 19th of January.

As always, this release is available on all mirrors, as listed at:

</a>

For those using Bittorrent, David Fetter has updated the .torrents, available at:

</a>

Please report any bug reports with this Release Candidate to:

        pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org