Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On January 10, 2005 11:32 pm, you wrote:
> >I assume "Pervasive Postgres" is their trademark, not just "Postgres".
> >That seems OK to me, no?
>
> Yes it is probably Pervasiv Postgres that is the trademark.
> Which is fine, the other trademark would be PostgreSQL.

I remember stories back in the 70's of Greek restaurants in Toronto being ordered to remove all mention of the word
"Olympic"in their name when the summer games came to Montreal.

Pervasive technically requires permission to use the word PostgreSQL in their title. That is the law folks but whether
ornot you want to follow the letter of the law is another matter.

robert b