New News Entry (id: 269) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From nobody
Subject New News Entry (id: 269)
Date
List pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Edit:     http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/news-edit.php?id=269
Approve:  http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/news.php?action=approve&id=269
Delete:   http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/admin/news.php?action=delete&id=269
----
Submitted by: press@PostgreSQL.org
Headline: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 4
Welcome to the New Year all, and the final days of testing for 8.0.0.

Story:

This will hopefully be our final Release Candidate, with a Full Release happening late next week.  There are several
Windowsrelated
fixes in this Release Candidate, with a full list of changes viewable
in the Changelog available on the FTP server.

A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:

        http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html

We're always looking to improve that list, so we encourage anyone that is running a platform not listed to please
reporton any success or failures with
Release Candidate 4.

Baring *any* coding changes (documentation != code) over the next week or so, we *hope* that this will the final
ReleaseCandidate before Full Release,
with that being aimed for the 15th (or earlier).

As always, this release is available on all mirrors, as listed at:

        http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp

For those using Bittorrent, David Fetter hasn't had a chance to update the .torrents, but should be available later
todayfrom:

        http://bt.postgresql.org

Please report any bug reports with this Release Candidate to:

        pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org