BUG #1357: Installation via Terminal Service - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Winfried Maus
Subject BUG #1357: Installation via Terminal Service
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1357
Logged by:          Winfried Maus
Email address:      wmaus@wmaus.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system:   Windows Server 2003
Details:

When trying to install PostgreSQL 8.0.0 RC2 within a CONSOLE Terminal
Session, the installer prompts a dialog box, that PostgreSQL cannot be
installed using a terminal session but must be run from the console.

Since RDP Client 5.2 supports the /console switch to force a terminal
session into console mode which works fine with every other software I tried
to install, I consider this behaviour a bug in the PostgreSQL installer.

Merry x-mas and greetings from Germany. :-)