Re: cant execute yyparse() within postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Frank Wiles
Subject Re: cant execute yyparse() within postgresql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:50:25 -0800 (PST)
Sibtay Abbas <sibtay_abbas@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i never happen to read this rule when i signed up to
> this mailing list...so if you ve made up a rule by
> urself for this mailing list just do us a favor by
> officially announcing it
>
> i think anyone who has knowledge of adding new
> languages to postgresql will understand what pl call
> handler means.
>
> i ve been getting alot of help from this mailing list
> and i thank all the ppl who helped me.
>
> Peter's attitude was rude and i complain against it
> and i ask the mailing list maintainers to follow up on
> this.
 I don't believe Peter was trying to be rude.  And while it isn't a "rule" per se, the more information you can provide
ina  question the more you increase your chances of someone having an answer for you.

 Something along the lines of "I'm trying to add a new language to postgresql and I need to be able to X from within Y"
etc,etc, etc. will go a lot futher than "I can't X from within Y".

---------------------------------  Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>