Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 11:14:03PM -0800, William Yu wrote:

> I'm not sure why people say one is better than the other. Both will
> survive the loss of 2 drives -- they're just different drives.

Partly, I think, people who've used both hate 0+1 because of the
recovery cost.  In most 0+1 arrangements (I'm aware of none which
don't do this), you have to re-sync the entire thing in case you lose
even one drive.  Performance really suffers at that point.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin