Re: WIN1252 encoding - backend or not? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: WIN1252 encoding - backend or not?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I'm sorry if I offended you.
>
> As for suggestions, elsewhere you wrote:
>
> "Now, if I don't understand the patch, we can change the procedure so I
> require someone to state it is OK rather than the fallback of quiet
> acceptance, especially just before a beta or RC version."
>

> Take that as my suggested improvement.

Yes, that is what I am thinking, though I am hoping someone who
understands encodings will take ownership of all those patches like
Peter did with translations.  If I don't understand it even simple
things can go wrong with patch application.

> Keep up the good work as always - you know we are grateful for it.

Thanks.

Pennsylvania19073