Re: WIN1252 encoding - backend or not? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: WIN1252 encoding - backend or not?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >I think it would be reasonable to insist on
> >at least one concurrence ("looks ok to me") posted to pgsql-patches
> >before applying during late beta.  We've gotten into a mode where
> >if you like a patch you say nothing, but I wonder whether we shouldn't
> >change that habit.
> >

> Amen, brother! That would never be tolerated in any commercial setting
> that I am aware of, and should not be here either, IMNSHO.  Silence does
> not mean consent, it is far more likely to mean that nobody had time to
> look it over.And if you commit it then surely you own it to some extent.

And your point is what?  What suggestion for improvement do you have?
Have perfect knowledge of what patches will be bad and don't apply them?

You want me to claim ownership?  Of what?  Of applying the patch?
Everyone already knows that.  Of the patch being bad?  Everyone already
knows that too?  What I shouldn't have applied it?  Also known.  But
what good does that do us now?

Pennsylvania19073