Re: patch contrib/pgcrypto for win32 (2) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: patch contrib/pgcrypto for win32 (2)
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:51:28AM +0900, Korea PostgreSQL Users' Group wrote:
> I found that function gen_salt() in contrib/pgcrypto had bug on win32.
>
> I patched contrib/pgcrypto/random.c file.

Could you describe the bug bit more?

As for srandom, src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c does it
already, and doing it more will make matters only worse.

I would not object to just sticking '& 255' there, but if
current code has problems then I imagine lot more code could be
affected.  Or are you just silencing some warning?

--
marko