Re: Docs - Plpgsql trigger example auditing changes into - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Docs - Plpgsql trigger example auditing changes into
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:14:48AM +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >Mark Kirkwood <markir@coretech.co.nz> writes:
> >

> >>This patch adds another plpgsql trigger example to the chapter. It
> >>uses the emp table again, but shows how to audit changes into
> >>another table (emp_audit).
> >>

> >Should be an AFTER trigger, else you may be recording the wrong
> >data, or even an event that didn't happen at all.
> >
> Thanks Tom - I was busy checking the spelling, but didn't check if
> it was functionally correct  :-(

It occurs to me that this might be a place to demo table inheritance
too, to ease automating the creation, etc. of the auditing
infrastructure :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!