Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Jan Wieck wrote:

> On 12/3/2004 1:57 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>
>>> 3) do add-ins count if they are completely externally hosted?
>>
>> I don't think so ... even stuff hosted on pgfoundry shouldn't really be
>> included, IMHO ...
>
> Can we move Slony into contrib, please?
>
> Just kidding, I don't want it there for several reasons. But do you really
> say that it isn't a major contribution?

It is, but "Slony" isn't a business entity, so how can it be a corporate
sponsor? :)  this is, in fact, what we are discussing ... "corporate
sponsors" ...

And, like JDBC ... who do we list?  Affilias started it, but I believe
that DarcyB is doing alot of work on it now, as is David Fetter ... so
there are three 'corporate sponsors' there ... and that is only those that
I can think of off the top of my head ...

Software is an 'icky' ground because of this :(

----