Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"?
Date
Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"?  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We've been laying out a new "Corporate Sponsors" page on WWW for the new web
> site.  However, some debatable issues have arisen on who "qualifies" to be on
> the page.   We've agreed, there, on listing:
>
> 1) Any company that sponsors a PostgreSQL major contributor's time;
> 2) Any company that has contributed a feature or significant add-in since
> 2000;
> 3) Any company which pays for or donates infrastructure resources for the
> project.
>
> The issues that aren't clear are:
> 1) do all mirrors get listed?

I think all active ones should be ... even if nobody uses that mirror,
they are contributing signification resources on their server to just
store everything ...

> 2) does documentation "count" as much as code?

Can we 'divide up' the page into area of contribution?  Code, for
instance, would be at the top of the list, since, IMHO, that is the
*significant* contribution ... I'd almost put documentation just after
Code, in importance, since I do remember way back when when our docs
royally sucked, but nobody wanted to work on that since "where is the
prestige?"

> 3) do add-ins count if they are completely externally hosted?

I don't think so ... even stuff hosted on pgfoundry shouldn't really be
included, IMHO ...

> 4) If yes to (3), do they still count if they are not OSS?

Definitely not ...

----