Re: table inheritance and DB design - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: table inheritance and DB design
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 10:53:37PM -0500, Berend Tober wrote:

> I learned that the unusual behavior (or at least the behavior that
> seems weird to me) regarding relational integrity and uniquness
> constraints as been around for a while, and some people actually think
> is is SUPPOSED to work that way ...

Who would that be?  Because I've always thought that most people
(everyone?) think of it as a bug that nobody has bothered to fix.  Not
that the fix is easy, mind you ...

"Porque francamente, si para saber manejarse a uno mismo hubiera que
rendir examen... ¿Quién es el machito que tendría carnet?"  (Mafalda)