Re: Beta5 now Available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Beta5 now Available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:28:31AM -0600, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> To a degree you are correct.  AFAIK new downloads could not start if the
> tracker crashed. The tracker is the traffic cop that tells peer nodes
> about each other.  I dont believe the tracker that comes from the main
> bit torrent author allows for multiple trackers with a common data
> repository, but if we're really interested, maybe we could hack up the
> code to talk to a central pgsql database allowing multiple trackers on a
> dns rr.

I think I've seen some torrents with a "multi-host" definition of
tracker.  Not sure how that works, or how clients react to it.  But
before you hack that up, make sure to check for previous attempts,
mainly for client compatibility.

"Tiene valor aquel que admite que es un cobarde" (Fernandel)