Re: PostgreSQL in the press again - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 15 November 2004 01:29, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
> > This doesn't prevent adding Java(tm) as an "aftermarket add-on."  But
> > it is clearly that, an "aftermarket add-on."  Java just isn't a "first
> > class citizen" that can be considered ubiquitous the way C and C++
> > are.
>
> Ah, so all licensing issues that you had, boils down to this one single
> thing.
>
> A JRE needs to be installed on the customer site.
>
> Yeah. That sounds WAY to complex.

It's funny how I can build umpteen packages from C code on my system, but if I
want to play around with runescape.com my lack of java support (which I would
think I have in a straightofrward fc2 machine) turns out to be a showstopper.

--
Robert Treat