Re: PGCLIENTENCODING behavior of current CVS source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PGCLIENTENCODING behavior of current CVS source
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Dienstag, 16. November 2004 16:11 schrieb Tom Lane:
> This is a risk no matter what encoding is used in the client-side .po
> files; as long as it's different from the current client_encoding,
> there is a potential for mis-conversion and other problems.  I don't
> see a simple solution.

Here's the news:  Not only the server encoding and the server locale have to
match.  The same is true on the client side.  In particular, in order to
avoid errors from the PO files, your LC_CTYPE and your PGCLIENTENCODING need
to be compatible.

--
Peter Eisentraut