Re: Database reverse engineering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Database reverse engineering
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 15 November 2004 11:01, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 18:16, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> > Oleg I.Ivanov wrote:
> > > Or can anybody recommend me right tool which works correcty?
> >
> > You could try ERwin, but I doubt you will be luckier there.
>
> Hmmm...been fighting with the ERwin/PostgreSQL combination, though it
> works well with other databases.
>
> Case Studio looks like it has better support, but I've not had the
> opportunity yet to try it yet.
> http://www.casestudio.com/enu/databases.aspx

I did the Erwin/PostgreSQL dance for awhile when I first started with my
present employer as they already had a license.  In order to get it to work I
would have had to write a set of perl scripts to massage the output, so I
ditched it instead for Case Studio and haven't looked back.  It's not perfect
but it is plenty good for even complex schemas; enough so that really my only
gripe is that it doesn't run on *nix :-(

--
Robert Treat