Re: Documentation of server configuration - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Documentation of server configuration
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 09:20:51PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I've just spent a day working through the current set of server
> configuration parameters, and I think that the documentation at
> <http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/runtime-config.html> has
> reached its peak of unusability.  I haven't been able to find a single
> parameter all day except by using a text search over the file.

My thoughts, hardly original, are:

1. Now is not the time to do massive re-arranging,
2. We should provide an alphabetized grand list with links in some
obvious place.

I am volunteering to do said list & linking :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!