Re: PostgreSQL in the press again - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:13:00PM +0100, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Master + read-only slaves:
>  - Slony-I when all sites are trusted
>  - dbMirror for untrusted slaves and/or table based master slave assignment

You can do the table-based trick with Slony, too.  In fact, AFAIK,
you can do it with every async system.

>  - erServer ???

I don't know if anyone is stepping up to take over the BSD version,
but as far as I'm concerned, it's a dead letter.  I know there is
some development going on  with it at PgSQL, Inc, though.

>  - C-JDBC, Will be transaction safe once PostgreSQL has XA
>  - pgPool, not transaction safe ???

I think the latter would be, too, if Pg had XA.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun