Re: Suggestion: additional system views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Suggestion: additional system views
Date
Re: Suggestion: additional system views  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 12:49:47AM +0100, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> >Neil,
> >

> >>pg_functions might be useful, but what would pg_users offer that pg_user
> >>does not already do?
> >

> >Show a list of groups that the user belongs to?  Same thing with
> >pg_groups; showing the list of users in the group.
> >

> >>A pg_sequences view might also be handy.
> >

> >Yes.  Anything else?  So far I have:
> >
> >pg_users
> >pg_groups
> >pg_functions
> >pg_sequences
> >hmmm ...
> >pg_schemas
> >pg_tablespaces
> >... as well, just for completeness.
> >
> >This is obviously and 8.1 thing, so I'll put it on my task list for after
> >8.0 PR is done.
>
> I suggest to add on pg_functions and on pg_views too, the list of
> dependencies with other objects.

pg_keywords
pg_sqlstates

Attached is a rough draft of the latter.

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Attachment