Re: Is it possible to remove the public schema? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed L.
Subject Re: Is it possible to remove the public schema?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday October 21 2004 10:07, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Henry Combrinck" <henry@metroweb.co.za> writes:
> > I've been approached by the development people about removing the
> > 'public' schema.  They complain about having to manually remove the
> > 'public_' tag from table names generated by their development software
> > whenever they link to PG via ODBC.
> >
> It sounds to me like the real problem is with non-schema-aware client
> software.  I think your options are to fix that, or downgrade to a
> non-schema-aware database (eg. Postgres 7.2 or before).

And you do NOT want to downgrade to Pgsql 7.2 or before.  Check out the list
of changes and bug-fixes since 7.2 to see what you'll be downgrading to.
You'll likely have far more trouble than modifying your client software.

Ed