connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Srinivas Iyyer
Subject connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Dear group,
  When I try create a database mydb, I am getting this
unix socket domain error.

What is this problem. Is this because the postmaster
is not running or some other problem.

Can any one help me avoiding this situation?

Please help me.

Thank you.

Srini.

[mymach]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb mydb
createdb: could not connect to database template1:
could not connect to server: No such file or directory