finding data violating constraint - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Keith Worthington
Subject finding data violating constraint
Date
Re: finding data violating constraint  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Re: finding data violating constraint  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
Hi All,

I am trying to build a foreign key constraint.  The objective is to prevent
parts from being entered that do not have a valid sales account.  When I try
to build the constraint it fails telling me that there is a violation.  I have
looked at the data and just can't seem to find the problem.  Is there a way to
find the data that is causing the problem?  I tried deleting all the data and
building the constraint.  That of course works but then I am unable to load
the data and I have no better idea of where the problem is located.

Kind Regards,
Keith

99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com