Re: [Testperf-general] Re: First set of OSDL Shared Memscalability results, some wierdness ... - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [Testperf-general] Re: First set of OSDL Shared Memscalability results, some wierdness ...
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom, Simon:

First off, two test runs with OProfile are available at:
http://khack.osdl.org/stp/298124/
http://khack.osdl.org/stp/298121/

> AtEOXact_Buffers
>         transaction commit or abort
> UnlockBuffers
>         transaction abort, backend exit

Actually, this might explain the "hump" shape of the curve for this test.
DBT2 is an OLTP test, which means that (at this scale level) it's attempting
to do approximately 30 COMMITs per second as well as one ROLLBACK every 3
seconds.    When I get the tests on DBT3 running, if we see a more gentle
dropoff on overallocated memory, it would indicate that the above may be a
factor.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus