Re: 'NOW' in UTC with no timezone - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jdolecek@NetBSD.org (Jaromir Dolecek)
Subject Re: 'NOW' in UTC with no timezone
Date
List pgsql-general
Stuart Bishop wrote:
> Indeed - I was under the impression that the timezone would be preserved
> (which is the case in the external datetime libraries I use), but I now
> see that PostgreSQL will lose this information.

Err - how come, lose?

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-