Re: PostgreSQL CE started - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL CE started
Date
List pgsql-general
Aaron Glenn wrote:
> What is the PostgreSQL project's official stance/view/comment on this?

Uh, I work for SRA, but the community has always stated that the project
can not certify anyone.  Just like the Linux kernel group doesn't
certify anyone, Red Hat and other companies do, the same is true of
PostgreSQL, so we are fine with SRA doing certification.  Of course it
is an "SRA-certified PostgreSQL engineer", not a community-certified
PostgreSQL engineer, because the later makes no sense.