Re: Cache lookup failed for relation, when trying to DROP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Cache lookup failed for relation, when trying to DROP
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 05:25:58PM +0100, Mark Gibson wrote:
> I had to remove Slony's schema manually as I was having problems
> with it. I was in the process of removing all Slony related stuff,
> and all my slave tables when this problem occurred, and was going to
> start again from scratch.

Did your problem happen on a replica, or on the origin?  There's a
current dirty, evil hack in Slony that does extremely naughty things
in the catalogues on the replicas.  This is slated to go away in the
future, but at the moment it's possible to trip over it if you don't
use Slony's own admin tools.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun