Re: pg_dumpall bug in PG 8.0b3 Win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_dumpall bug in PG 8.0b3 Win32 port
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Luiz K. Matsumura" <luiz@planit.com.br> writes:
> > I modified pg_dumpall.c lines between  160 and 270  to add a #ifndef
> > WIN32... #endif clause to pgdumpopts to store
> > the parameters with double quotations intead simple quotation marks in
> > case of WIN32 ports
>
> This seems unnecessarily ugly.  Why not just go over to double quotes?

The patch was actually posted backward so maybe it wasn't clear but the
change is to use double quotes instead of single quotes for Win32
arguments just like we do in other cases in pg_dumpall.c.

Single quotes do not behave the same as single quotes in the WIn32
CMD.EXES processor.  For example, DIR "" and DIR '' produce different
results.