Re: Press Release, Final Draft? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Press Release, Final Draft?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:13:15PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Evan Rempel wrote:
> > My understanding is that license is a verb, and licence is a noun.
>
> That's the Canadian spelling.  Seriously.

And British, according to _Fowler_.  But in the US, "license" is
preferred for both.  Oddly, "practice" is also preferred for both,
but to provide advice is still to advise.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie