Re: Server unreliability - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Server unreliability
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Richard Welty wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:56:11 -0300 (ADT) "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> As I mentioned in IRC, just so that everyone knows ... this is only for
>> the archives, not the main site ... and there is no "contract that I have
>> to put it up", so it can come down at a later date if we don't want it
>> anymore ... but, there was no thought/intention of it for any of the other
>> sites, only to tap into the archives site itself ...
>
> i've used google adsense on one of my web sites since last january,
> and in general the ads are well targeted, tasteful, and shouldn't tick
> anyone off unless MySQL AB makes a big ad buy with PostgreSQL
> as the targeted keyword.

ya, and we're only putting it on the archives themselves, not the main
site ... and the main site itself, with the new redesign will have one
banner ad, on the right hand side (if i recall right the positioning) ...
similar to how php.net has their banner ...

archives itself is already down to the one banner at the top left and the
AdSense stuff ...

----