Re: Server unreliability - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Server unreliability
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> Just curious here, but when/where?  We haven't had a database issue in
>> quite awhile that *I'm* aware of
>
> Earlier this very day I got a page full of php erros when I tried
> to view one of the mailing list "by thread". I would have wrote down
> the errors and reported it. but it seems so par for the course I
> did not bother.

My fault, sorry ... I've been going through and cleaning up the code,
removed the right banner ad, and missed an include directory :(

> My other concern is that often myself or someone else points out these
> errors on the list, and *then* they are fixed. They should be caught
> before this, either by testing by the people who make the changes
> (which I've seen fail to happen), or by some sort of automated script
> that does some quick basic checks.

In your case, you caught it between edits ... again, sorry about that ...
the main web site itself is tested on a beta site first, so if you ever
see an error there, its definitely not from lack of testing by the -www
crew ...

----