Re: plpython win32 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: plpython win32
Date
List pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> This patch attempts to fix the build of plpython on win32. Needs
> autoconf of course - don't have mine working on win32, so that part
> hasn't been 100% tested. My tests involved #:ing out all the code
> that would be included by that rule, and that makes it work, so I
> think we're safe....

Please do not use PORTNAME in external macros.  I like to think that one
can take these macros and put them in some other project without
requiring the prior setup that the PostgreSQL configure.in does.
Instead, use AC_REQUIRE([AC_CANONICAL_HOST]) and resolve the issue
using $host_os.

Also, add some comments to the magic you add in the makefiles.

The hardcoded Python version number will of course not stand the test of
time.

--
Peter Eisentraut