Re: Pb with ecpg and include file on PG 8.0.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Valerie Schneider DSI/DEV
Subject Re: Pb with ecpg and include file on PG 8.0.0
Date
List pgsql-bugs
>Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:27:41 +0200
>From: Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>
>To: Valerie Schneider DSI/DEV <valerie.schneider@meteo.fr>
>Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [BUGS] Pb with ecpg and include file on PG 8.0.0
auth:da5cff6069dd6897c77170232368d0ba

>On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 08:09:55AM +0000, Valerie Schneider DSI/DEV wrote:
>> I installed PG 8.0.0beta2 :
>> [clipg@li SrcLib]$ ecpg --version
>> ecpg (PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta2) 3.2.0
>
>This works nicely for me with ecpg 3.2.0. It may be that ecpg
>does not find the include file. But then it should also print that.

But why ecpg found it in the 7.4 version ?
Following a remark I removed the semi-colon at the end of each
exec sql define xxxxxx
(I had : exec sql define xxxxxx ; )
in the include file. No result.

Someone from the pgsql-fr-generale list seems to have the same problem.

Thanks for your reply, Valerie.

>I had the file in "." where ecpg found it and the constant was correctly
>translated.
>
>Michael
>--
>Michael Meskes
>Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De
>ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes@jabber.org
>Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!

*    Les points de vue exprimes sont strictement personnels et     *
*      n'engagent pas la responsabilite de METEO-FRANCE.           *
* Valerie SCHNEIDER             Tel : +33 (0)5 61 07 81 91         *
* METEO-FRANCE / DSI/DEV        Fax : +33 (0)5 61 07 81 09         *
* 42, avenue G. Coriolis        Email : Valerie.Schneider@meteo.fr *
* 31057 TOULOUSE Cedex - FRANCE         http://www.meteo.fr        *