Re: tablespace question ... pg vs oracle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: tablespace question ... pg vs oracle
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I have someone that is asking if you can recover some tablespaces in a
> database, but leave the others online ... apparently its a feature of
> tablespaces under Oracle ... I could see it for schemas, but sounds like
> it could cause problems depeending on how you are using tablespaces ...

You can not.  The tablespace is not an independent entity.  I doubt we
would ever suppor that.  I suppose if the entire database was in a
specific schema you could recover that but you would have to adjust the
shared system tables perhaps.

Pennsylvania19073