Re: Display of text fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ennio-Sr
Subject Re: Display of text fields
Date
List pgsql-general
* Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> [100904, 09:11]:
> Ennio-Sr wrote:
> >  [ ... ]
> Ah - you're wasting your time with psql then. It's a find sql console
> but it's not a browser. Might be worth posting a question asking if
> anyone knows of a "console based database browser"
> [ ... ]

Thanks again for your help, Richard. I'll have a look at the links you
suggest.

[OT]. P.S. WHile 'googling' around I read your post of september last
year about the "Trigger order problem". Now, I'm the last person who
may advice others on how to do things in pg but, as a matter of
curiosity, could not you solve your problem adding an extra 'flag' column
to the tables to be marked with a 'D' (for deleted), perform the summing
up and finally remove all 'D' marked records?
Anyway, I hope the 'problem' is no longer such! :-)
Cheers,
    Ennio.

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (°|°)