Re: APR 1.0 released - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: APR 1.0 released
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Reini Urban wrote:
> Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> > OK, care to submit a patch.  As I remember the fix for rename/unlink
> > also includes how the file is opened with flags.  Anyway, we spent a lot
> > of time on this so you will have to go back in the archvies to find it
> > and determine how it can be improved.
> >
> > Your track record for Cygwin diagnosis isn't 100%.  I am going to need
> > complete research before changing anything at this point in beta.
>
> Ok, I'll do an analysis and patch which will have a chance to be accepted.
> Keeping pgrename in CYGWIN is probably a good idea.
> At least for consistent error reporting (which helped me in finding the
> problem)
> Personally I don't think that any rename()-usleep loop is necessary.
> I'll check the archives.

I agree the rename loop seems unnecessary.  I kept it in case we hadn't
dealt with all the failure places.  Should we remove them now or wait
for 8.1?  Seems we should keep them in and see if we get reports from
users of looping forever, and if not we can remove them in 8.1.

Pennsylvania19073