Re: APR 1.0 released - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: APR 1.0 released
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gaetano Mendola wrote:
[ PGP not available, raw data follows ]

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> | Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> |>I don't know if APR provide a spin lock mechanism,
> |

> | You don't even know that, but you're confident that we can throw away
> | our spinlock work and use APR anyway.  You're wasting our time.  Get
> | some evidence if you want to propose this.
>
> I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
>
> With the experience you have I don't think you need my evidences.

I looked at the APR code to get some ideas for the Win32 port.  Some of
the ideas were good, but in other places like rename they didn't do very
well we were better off doing it ourselves and getting it right.

I remember looking at their code to fix the rename/unlink while the file
is open problem, and they didn't seem to have a fix for that so we
developed our own method that works like Unix.

Pennsylvania19073