Re: postgres "on in the internet" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Russell Smith
Subject Re: postgres "on in the internet"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 05:55 am, Paul Tillotson wrote:
> How difficult is it to set up VPN?
>
> I know that in the past my company has used VPN tunnels, but this was
> difficult for our remote users to get set up.  I am actually willing to
> trade *some* security for ease of installation and simplicity.  This
> will have to be deployed on  30 to 40 client computers, several of them
> in very (i.e., plane travel) distant locations for non-technical users
> who will work remotely.
>
> Whatever the solution is, the setup needs to be scriptable or else very
> easy to walk someone through by telephone.
Are the clients using win32?

I would suggest something like www.poptop.org   PPTP clients VPN
allowing any OS to connect to it.  It's as easy as setting up a dial up link for
the client.  Getting it right on the server is a little harder (At least with encryption).

I'd take a look at it.

Regards

Russell Smith