Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday 02 Sep 2004 9:08 pm, Steve Bergman wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 06:53 +0530, V i s h a l Kashyap @ [Sai Hertz And
>
> Control Systems] wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > > This story is a blow for PostgreSQL
> > >
> > > http://www.cxotoday.com/cxo/jsp/index.jsp?log=false&file=template1.jsp&
> > >section_code=1§ion=News&storyid=1383&subsection_code=1&subsection=Bu
> > >siness&source=cxtnl&userid=aspire420@hotpop.com
>
> I have not seen any further activity on this.  I was expecting to see
> something either here or on PERFORM by now.

Well, we gave them really basic suggestions on performance tuning and they
seem to have gone well.

> Just wondering if I missed something.

No, not much. Vishal is in touch with the concerned person. The person was
unavailable early part of this week. So we do not have concrete results of
tuning as yet. Besides I understand that the company is doing many other
things in addition to posgresql tuning, with a limited manpower. So things
are bit slow to trickle.

> It would be nice if this story had a happy ending due to "Online
> Assistance from PostgreSQL Experts Across the Globe" or some such. ;-)

Definitely it would be that way. However it will take some time to reach it
there. Certainly we do not want to show that we offered to help but have not
much results to show,  Do we?

Of course, We will persue them further to get it done ASAP.

 Shridhar