Re: pgxs default installation + various fixes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgxs default installation + various fixes
Date
List pgsql-patches
Am Donnerstag, 2. September 2004 14:31 schrieb Fabien COELHO:
> I meant: "This target may be of interest for packagers", sorry for my poor
> English writing and typing skills.

I understood that. :)

> This is to take into account Tom's view that distributions are often split
> with a separate "dev" package for developpements. For instance under
> Debian there are: postgresql, postgresql-client, postgresql-dev,
> postgresql-doc... So this target would help checking what files belong to
> what part of such split installation for the package maintainer.

No, the way this works is that the package building script installs everything
in one tree and then has file lists (with wildcards) that determine which
files belong in which package.

--
Peter Eisentraut