8.0 Release, additional material - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject 8.0 Release, additional material
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

In addition to what we put in the release that goes out to the press, we will
have a web page that gives more complete information on the release.    I'd
love to have someone volunteer to finish writing that up.

For one, I'd like to see:

1) a brief explanation of the structure of the PostgreSQL community (e.g.
unincorporated, multi-company)

2) The currently debated blurb on licensing;

3) a list of "other features", such as changing column datatypes and
$$quoting$$.

4) Links to all of the new/important add-ons.

Particularly, I could use some help on that last; someone to comb through the
release notes, find everything worth mentioning, and give each item a 10-word
definition which makes it comprehensible to the public.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant