Copy of DB behaves different from original - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From jason@soundconcept.net
Subject Copy of DB behaves different from original
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I have a database that I made a copy of (useing pg_dump) to test a new
program on.  The program runs just fine on the new(copy) database.  However,
when I switched my program to run on my old(original) database it runs
around 10 times slower and takes up way more processor power.  I tried
vacuumdb on the old database and it made no difference.  Any idea what my
problem might be?  I could just drop and restore the old database, but I
would really like to understand what might be going on so I could watch for
it in the future and hopefully prevent it from happening again.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Jason Haselbauer
Soundconcept.net
jason@soundconcept.net