Re: Log Clutter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Log Clutter
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 12:08:45PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:

> Incidentally, am I the only one that finds the new 7.4 log messages too
> cluttered? In 7.3 my application printed progress messages using "raise
> notice" like this:

You could execute a SET LOCAL log_error_verbosity within the function to
decrease the verbosity ... the problem is that only a superuser can do
that, but maybe using a SECURITY DEFINER function to do it for you
helps.

"Endurecerse, pero jamás perder la ternura" (E. Guevara)