Re: [Fwd: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Import from Linux to - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Import from Linux to
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> >

> >>No, I think 7.4 should do. 7.3 users will still have the dos2unix workaround
> >>available. Are you going to do the 7.4 patch, or do you need me to? I
> >>normally only keep a HEAD tree checked out. A quick look at the cvsweb diffs
> >>suggests the patch should apply cleanly but with different line offsets.
> >>

> >If you're sure the code in that routine hasn't changed since 7.4, then I
> >can just apply the patch to that branch.
> >

> It has - the prompt changes in version 1.37. But I don't think that
> conflict with this patch. I'll have a look this morning.

One issue is that pre-8.0, psql files were opened in Win32 text mode, so
we wouldn't have seen this bug on Win32, but we would on Linux.
Because we open them on Win32 now in binary mode so we see control-Z it
will show up on Win32 too.